The School Based Health Center
In the Fall of 2011, WFMC became the medical sponsor of the School Based Health Center (SBHC) located in the Boys & Girls Club building next to Hoover Elementary School. As a partnership with the Salem-Keizer School District and the Boys & Girls Club, our mission is to provide convenient access to healthcare during the school year so students miss less class time due to illnesses. Easy access to on-campus medical care also allows parents to avoid taking time off of work for their child’s appointment. Through the School Based Health Center, students will also be able to access comprehensive services at Willamette Family Medical Center, and register for Healthy Kids and the Oregon Health Plan.
All students of Salem-Keizer School District are eligible to enroll at the School Based Health Center
- We especially encourage parents whose children are without health insurance or a regular primary care provider to access care at the HSBHC
- For those without insurance, our trained certifiers are happy to assist you in applying for coverave through Oregon Healthy Kids. A member of our staff will be on-site at all times to help you complete the application
- For more comprehensive health care services, all students enrolled in the HSBHC are able to access care at Willamette Family Medical Center. Parents will also have access to our triage help lines and our network of twelve medical providers
- If your child already has a medical provider, we will be happy to work with him/her to ensure that your child gets the best care possible
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute illnesses
- Head Start physicals
- Nutritional counseling
- Treatment of minor injuries and infections
- Confidential counseling and mental health services
We accept most insurance, and have a sliding fee scale for those without insurance. However, no child will be refused care due to an inability to pay. Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments are preferred. Please call us or stop by during clinic hours for more information.